When the cannon fires sending the 118 entries on their way in the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia's 70th Sydney Hobart Yacht Race on December 26, two yachts will stand out, because they first competed back in the early days of the race.
The Mayor of Barcelona, Xavier Trias visited the Race Dock to meet the 16 Barcelona World Race skippers who represent nine different nationalities as they make their final preparations for their eight IMOCA 60s in readiness to start to the 24,000 miles non-stop race around the world on December 31st.
One design racing has so far served up just the outcome Volvo Ocean Race fans, sailors and organisers alike had hoped for with the introduction of the new identical Volvo Ocean 65s - incredibly close-fought racing and thrilling finishes.
It is mission accomplished for Ernesto Bertarelli's Swiss team Alinghi, as Morgan Larson and the team grabbed victory with both hands at Act 8 Sydney, presented by Land Rover, and with it the 2014 Extreme Sailing Series title.
- Enumeration S : Skipper - Enumeration Skipper : Skipper - Enumeration C : Crew - Enumeration Crew : Crew
- Enumeration Regatta : No documentation - Enumeration RegattaSeries : No documentation
- Enumeration FleetRace : No documentation - Enumeration TeamRace : No documentation - Enumeration MatchRace : No documentation
- Enumeration Port : No documentation - Enumeration Starboard : No documentation
- Enumeration Male : Male - Enumeration Men : Male - Enumeration M : Male - Enumeration F : Female - Enumeration Female : Female - Enumeration W : Female - Enumeration Women : Female - Enumeration O : Open - Enumeration Open : Open
- Enumeration 470 : International 470 - Enumeration 49ER : 49er - Enumeration 2.4mR : 2.4 Metre - Enumeration FINN : Finn - Enumeration LSR : Laser Standard - Enumeration LAR : Laser Radial - Enumeration RSX : RS:X - Enumeration SKUD18 : SKUD 18 - Enumeration SONAR : Sonar - Enumeration STR : Star - Enumeration N17 : Nacra 17 - Enumeration E6M : Elliott 6M - Enumeration 49FX : 49er FX