The aim of the IOC Olympic Solidarity commission is to manage funding to NOCs recognized by the IOC, in particular those which have the greatest need of it. This funding takes the form of programmes facilitated at National / International level between the IOC, its NOCs, and the ultimately with the National Sport Federations (MNAs). The IOC will work in partnership with the International Sports Federations (IFs) such as ISAF.
IOC Olympic Solidarity programmes
IOC Olympic Solidarity provides funding to all National Olympic Committees (NOCs) through a number of programmes in what are called 'sections'. The two sections that are relevant to ISAF Members and the appropriate programmes are listed below:
World Programmes - Athletes section: Further details available here:
- Programme number 2. Olympic Games Scholarships for Athletes - 'Rio 2016'
- Programme number 4. Continental Athlete Support Grants (Continental / Regional Games)
- Programme number 5. Youth Olympic Games - Athlete support
World Programmes - Coaches section: Further details available here:
- Programme number 6. Technical Courses for Coaches (TCCs). Level 1, 2 and 3.
- Programme number 7. Sports Specific Olympic Scholarship for Coaches (ISAF Training Scholarship)
- Programme number 8. Development of National Sports Structure (DNSS)
Applications for all programme areas must be made through relevant National Olympic Committees. ISAF MNAs must first decide which 'section' and 'programme/s' they wish to apply for and request the relevant application from their NOC. A more detailed overview of these sections and programmes above is outlined in the other web pages in this area of the website.
The support from ISAF in helping to complete the various forms has proved beneficial to all those MNAs who have so far benefitted from OS Funded programmes.