World Sailing Training Programmes are designed for World Sailing Member National Authorities (MNAs) to experience Sailor and Coach training at a variety of levels. The aim is to facilitate the development of sailing by supporting the MNA to create a structure and pathway to promote and educate sailing as a sport within their nation.
The training falls into three main groups:
Technical Courses for Coaches (TCCs):
- National / Regional Training courses to develop MNA coaches.
- Duration of 5-10 days (depending on specific requiremnets).
- Level 1-3 (see outlines on Techncal Course drop-down menu).
- Delivered by ISAF Nominated Experts.
World Sailing Training Scholarship:
- 7 week intensive course designed to teach and prepare the successful MNA nominated coach with the skills required to set up or manage the MNA National Training Programme.
- One course per year with a maximum of 12 applicants.
- Practical and theoretical activities and learning covering all essential topics.
More information about the Technical Training Courses and the World Sailing Training Scholarship can be found in this section via the drop-down menu.
World Sailing Youth Worlds Emerging Nations Programme (ENPs):
- 5 regional performance clinics designed to provide class specific coaching for young sailors in order to prepare for the Youth Worlds.
- Duration of 6 days.
- Funding provide by World Sailing
- Opportunity to apply for Youth Worlds ENP Scholarships.
Please contacnt the Training and Development Department if you have any questions: ENP@sailing.org / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com