All ISAF Training Programmes are designed for ISAF Member National Authorities (MNAs) to benefit from training experienced sailors and/or existing coaches in how to oach the sport in order for them to develop a structure of education in sailing.
The training falls into three main groups:
Technical Courses for Coaches:
- National / Regional Training courses for MNA sailors / coaches of between 5-10 days (dependant upon MNA requirements)
- Level 1-3 (see outlines on Techncal Course drop-down menu)
- Delivered by ISAF Nominated Experts
ISAF Training Scholarship:
- 8 week traing course designed to equip the successful coach with the skills required to set up or manage the MNA National Training Programme.
- One course per year with a maximum of 6 applicants.
- Multiple sailing discipline practical activity as well as theoretical learning units.
More information about the Technical Training Courses and the ISAF Training Scholarship can be found in this section via the drop-down menu.
ISAF Youth Worlds Emerging Nations Programme
- Five regional performance clinics designed to provide class specific coaching for young sailors in order to prepare for the ISAF Youth Worlds.
- Funding subsidies available to attend the seven day clinics
- Opportunity to apply for ISAF Youth Worlds ENP Scholarships.
Please contact the ISAF Training and Development department if you have any questions.