Just over ten miles separate the other four competitors who are currently halfway between Corsica and the finish at Nice, France.
Yesterday at the 1400 GMT poll BIDÉGORRY was only 23 miles ahead of Frederic PEUTREC on Gitana 11, with PEUTREC a further 105.9 miles ahead of third place Géant, skippered by Michel DESJOYEAUX.
Over the last 18 hours PEUTREC has sustained massive loses to the chasers and now finds himself in fourth place behind DESJOYEAUX and Armel CLÉAC'H on Foncia. Just two miles behind PEUTREC is the final boat in the fleet, Thierry DUPREY on Gitana X. DESJOYEAUX, in second, is 61.8 miles from the finish line and seven miles ahead of CLÉAC'H.
|The winners celebrate
© Y. Zedda \ IBGroup-Challenge
(at 0800 hours GMT)
- Bank Populaire, Pascal BIDÉGORRY - 8 days, 16 hours, 36 minutes and 17 seconds
- Géant, Michel DESJOYEAUX - 61.8 miles from the finish
- Foncia, Armel CLÉAC'H - 69.1 miles from the finish
- Gitana 11, Frederic PEUTREC - 70.4 miles from the finish
- Gitana X, Thierry DUPREY - 72.5 miles from the finish