Artemis top the Camper Regatta - Conde de Godó Trophy - Barcelona TP52 fleet after a miserable Marseille, where they finished eighth overall. In Barcelona they have sailed with confidence and cohesion, bolting together all of the required components to win a testing 10 race series.
Third overall last season their overall win at the first of two Audi MedCup Circuit regattas in Spain this season, boosts Tornqvist's team from sixth overall on the 2010 standings to third.
And, after Emirates Team New Zealand in Cascais, Quantum Racing (USA) in Marseille they become the third TP52 Series team to win an event this season, just as three different GP42 Series teams Islas Canarias Puerto Calero (ESP), Iberdrola (ESP) and Madrid-Caser Seguros have had regatta victories.
Artemis last won a MedCup regatta in Hyeres, France in 2007 when Russell Coutts skippered the team to win the Circuit title. In that season five different boats won the five regattas.
Emirates Team New Zealand finish disappointed not to have won in Barcelona. They were hobbled for boat speed at times, citing a plastic bag that they caught around the rudder which left them lacking speed.
But the reigning title holders head to Cartagena for next month's (August 24-29) fourth regatta of the 2010 season, the Caja Mediterráneo Region of Murcia Trophy having extended their overall lead by ten points at this regatta. They now lead Quantum Racing (USA) by 28.5 points.
Next Audi MedCup Circuit event is the Caja Mediterráneo Region of Murcia Trophy, Cartagena, August 24-29
Camper Regatta - Conde de Godó Trophy - Barcelona Final Results
1. Artemis (SWE), 7+2+4+5+2+4+1+5+1+2= 33 points
2. Emirates Team New Zealand (NZL), 1+4+8+1+3+2+5+3+5+3= 35
3. Quantum Racing (USA), 5+5+2+11+1+1+9+2+5+6= 44
4. Bribón (ESP), 3+3+7+7+5+11+10+7+4+1= 58
5. Cristabella (GBR), 2+1+11+9+6+9+4+6+6+8= 62
6. TeamOrigin (GBR), 10+6+3+3+9+7+8+1+7+9= 63
7. Matador (ARG), 4+9+9+10+10+3+6+9+3+4= 67
8. Bigamist 7 (POR), 8+7+10+8+4+5+7+4+10+7= 70
9. Luna Rossa (ITA), 9+11+1+6+11+10+2+10+8+5= 73
10. Synergy (RUS), 6+10+6+2+7+8+3+8+11+12= 73
11. Audi A1 powered by ALL4ONE (FRA/GER), 12(DNC)+8+5+4+8+6+11+11+9+10= 84
For more details, photos, videos and full results visit: www.medcup.org