- Single-handed dinghy boys
- Single-handed dinghy girls
- Double-handed dinghy boys
- Double-handed dinghy girls
- Windsurfer boys
- Windsurfer girls
- Multihull open
Yachting Australia has developed selection criteria for each of these events, detailed in the Nomination and Selection Policy. For most events, selection is based on the point score of two regattas - the class 2006 Australian National Championship and Yachting Australia's 2006 Australian Youth Championship, which will be held at Mooloolaba Yacht Club.
The exceptions to this are the Multihull and Windsurfing events, where the Australian Youth Championship is the only compulsory regatta.
The Australian Youth Team is supported by Yachting Australia in the way of coaching, sport science and management, both in Australia and overseas. Australia has won more gold medals than any other country at the ISAF Youth Worlds and the regatta has fostered many of the world's great Olympic and keelboat sailors.
The 2006 Australian Youth Team Nomination & Selection Policy is available from the Yachting Australia website. Further information will be posted on the Yachting Australia Youth Sailing microsite.
The Australian Youth World Team for the Volvo Youth Sailing ISAF World Championship 2005 in Busan, Korea consists of ten sailors:
- Single-handed dinghy boys - Laser Standard
- Single-handed dinghy girls - Laser Radial
- Double-handed dinghy boys - 420
Steven THOMAS and Tim RECHICHI
- Double-handed dinghy girls - 420
Emma FLUKES and Stephanie FLUKES
- Multihull open - Hobie 16
Evan WALKER and Kyle LANGFORD
- Windsurfer boys - Mistral
- Windsurfer girls - Mistral