Competitors arrived at the venue on Tuesday morning, the final day of Sail Auckland to find glassy seas and very little wind.
Racing did not commence until after 1500 just prior to the final cut off time of 1530 as allowed for in the sailing instructions.
As a result all classes with the exception of the 470's, which had earlier being abandoned, managed just one race in winds between 7 to 10 knots from the southwest.
The race for the minor places in the Laser fleet was the most hotly contested with all the leading contenders performing strongly. Once again Michael Blackburn (AUS) proved his dominance winning his 7th race of the 10 sailed. Rod Dawson (NZL) continued his good form of the previous 2 days with a 2nd which placed him 2nd overall in the regatta, likewise Jon Holroyd (AUS) placed 3rd in the race and 3rd in the regatta, overtaking Andrew Murdoch (NZL) who had been in 2nd place going into the last race.
In the Finn class Mateusz Kusznierewicz (POL) won the race, which moved him up to 2nd overall, but 2001 World Champion Sebastien Godefroid (BEL) did enough with his 3rd placing to secure 1st place in the regatta.
Carolijn Brouwer (NED) was a convincing winner of the Europe class, with Sarah Macky (NZL) coming 2nd in the race and 2nd overall in the regatta.
The Mistral Imco Men's fleet race was very close with the Tom Ashley(NZL) and J.P. Tobin(NZL) just passing James Wells (NZL) just before the line after he had led for most of the race. Joeri Van Dyk (NED) had already secured the regatta and in the end his 6th placing on the day, was his discarded result. Barbara Kendall (NZL) was once again invincible in the conditions and ended up scoring 7 firsts and 2 seconds over the regatta. Sheena McKinnon's (NZL) 3rd place in the race secured her 2nd overall in the regatta. Irina Konstantinova (BUL) had her best result of the regatta with a 2nd place in the race.
Above: Finn Prize Winners (L-R: Clifton Webb, Sebastien Godefroid, Mateusz Kusznierewicz)
Above: Action From Day Four
Overall Final Top Three By Class :
1. Michael Blackburn (AUS) 11 pts
2. Rod Dawson (NZL) 36pts
3. Jon Holroyd (NZL) 39 pts
1. Carolijn Brouwer (NED) 11 pts
2. Sarah Macky (NZL) 17pts
3. Jo Dikkenberg (AUS) 22pts
1. Sebastien Godefroid (BEL) 18pts
2. Mateusz Kusznierewicz (POL) 22pts
3. Clifton Webb (POL) 24pts
Laser Radial :
1. Blair McLay (NZL) 8pts
2. Matt Coutts (NZL) 18pts
3. Mathieu Frei (FRA) 20pts
1. Andrew Brown/Jamie Hunt (NZL) 10pts
2. Gabrio Zandona/Andrea Trani (ITA) 16 pts
3. Shelley Hesson/Linda Dickson (NZL) 25pts
Mistral Imco Women :
1. Barbara Kendall (NZL) 9pts
2. Sheena McKinnon (NZL) 20pts
3. Allison Shreeve (AUS) 26pts
Mistral Imco Men :
1. Joeri Van Dyk (NED) 13pts
2. Tom Ashley (NZL) 25pts
3. James Wells (NZL) 32pts
1. Aaron McIntosh/Andy Knowles (NZL) 7pts
2. Nigel Williams/Jeremy Stephenson (NZL) 10pts
3. John Clinton/Andrew Robertson (NZL) 10pts
1. Olivia Powrie/Sarah Bilkey 6pts
2. Logan Sutherland/Chris Dowling 12pts
3. Scott Kennedy/Alistair Thompson 13pts
Hobie 16 :
1. Nigel Cotsell/Geoffrey Faulkner (NZL) 6pts
2. Glen Ford/Rose Ellis (NZL) 17pts
3. Garth Stewart/Katie Stewart (NZL) 18pts