Competitors were initially held on shore waiting for the wind to arrive. Racing finally got under way by 1:30pm and the winds built during the afternoon to 15 knots.
Increase in wind changed results with Michael Blackburn (AUS) being dominant in the laser fleet winning all 4 races today. There is a good contest in the Europe fleet with Sarah Macky (NZL) winning 2 races today and as a result now trails from Carolijn Brouwer (NED), who also enjoyed the stronger winds, by 2 points. In the Finn class there was confusion in the last race when some of the leading sailors headed for the wrong mark and subsequently retired. Sebastien Godefroid (BEL) leads Clifton Webb (NZL) by 1 point.
The mistral fleets had a long day on the water with 4 races, in which Joeri Van Dyk (NED) proved the best with 3 firsts and a 2nd and he now has a 5 point lead over Tom Ashley (NZL). World Champion Barbara Kendall (NZL) has a 6 point lead, but did not have it all her on way today with Allison Shreeve (AUS) and Sheena McKinnon (NZL) winning races.
In the 470's Andrew Brown and Jamie Hunt (NZL) now lead the fleet after having 3 wins today. The Italian crew of Gabrio Zandona and Andrea Trani are 2nd and the top female crew of Shelley Hesson and Linda Dickson are 3rd. The girls reign supreme in the 420's with Olivia Powrie and Sarah Bilkey winning the regatta and 3 of the 5 races.
Daniel Wilcox, son of former world champion 470 sailor Hamish Wilcox, won the Optimist convincingly. Susannah Pyatt performed very well and was not only 1st girl, but was 3rd place overall in the strong fleet.
Overall Top Three
1. Michael Blackburn (AUS) 5 pts
2. Jon Holroyd (NZL) 17pts
3. Andrew Murdoch (NZL) 23 pts
1. Carolijn Brouwer (NED) 8 pts
2. Sarah Macky (NZL) 10pts
3. Jo Dikkenberg (AUS) 14pts
1. Sebastien Godefroid (BEL) 13pts
2. Clifton Webb (NZL) 14pts
3. Mateusz Kusznierewicz (POL) 17pts
Laser Radial :
1. Blair McLay (NZL) 5pts
2. Matt Coutts (NZL) 10pts
3. Mathieu Frei (FRA) 15pts
1. Andrew Brown/Jamie Hunt (NZL) 7 pts
2. Gabrio Zandona/Andrea Trani (ITA) 9 pts
3. Shelley Hesson/Linda Dickson (NZL) 16pts
1. Olivia Powrie/Sarah Bilkey (KYC) 6 pts
2. Logan Sutherland/Chris Dowling (SYC) 12pts
3. Scott Kennedy/Alistair Thompson 13pts
Mistral Imco Women :
1. Barbara Kendall (NZL) 5pts
2. Allison Shreeve(AUS) 11pts
3. Sheena McKinnon (NZL) 11pts
Mistral Imco Men :
1. Joeri Van Dyk (NED) 5pts
2. Tom Ashley (NZL) 10pts
3. J.P. Tobin (NZL) 18pts
1. Daniel Wilcox 14pts
2. Paul Snow-Hansen 25pts
3. Susannah Pyatt 30pts
Optimist Green Fleet :
1. Andrew Bettle 13pts
2. Megan Rickerby 18pts
3. George Kool 21pts