Yesterday, saw a further two races held in Landskrona, Sweden. No secrets remained on the race course for day two, as competitors evidently saw the benefits of the right side on the upwind legs.
With a prevalent right wind shift and relief from the current, the conditions have put a premium on getting off the start line with a clean lane to the right. Americans Bryan LAKE/Graham BIEHL dominated the first race, gradually extending their lead to an impressive forty boat lengths by the finish. However, the consistency of Brazilians Carlos Henrique WANDERLEY/Richard ZIETEMANN, highlighted by their race four win, which gives them current overall lead.
One race is scheduled for today, Wednesday, which will then bring in the discard. Thursday is a lay day, before one race apiece on Friday and Saturday.
Overall Results After 4 Races
1. Carlos Henrique Wanderley/Richard Zietemann (BRA) - 7, 10, 3, 1 - 20.75
2. Francisco Sanchez/Marina Sánchez (ESP) - 3, 2, 9, 11 - 25
3. Alexandre Paradeda/Eduardo Paradeda (BRA) - 20, 3, 2, 6 - 31
4. George Szabo/Brian Janney (USA) - 5, 6, 13, 8 - 32
5. Hal Gilreath/James Liebl (USA) - 16, 1, 6, 20 - 42.75
After a disappointing race 2 in this 60 boat fleet, reigning World Champions Augie DIAZ/Jon ROGERS(USA) yesterday improved their form, placing a 7 and 2, to sit in sixth place overall.