The third day of Idea Gdynia Sailing Days concluded yesterday with light winds and rain, followed by gusty, from 8-16 knots, and shifty conditions.
"The wind was changing constantly, and sailors had a lot of difficulties during races in all classes,"
Andrzej REYMAN, Chairman of the Jury, commented on the weather conditions.
Mateusz KUSZNIEREWICZ (POL), European vice-Champion, is trying to ecome the Polish Champion for the tenth time in his career and 9th in a row. Today, he placed two second places and a bullet, to sit 3 points above Waclaw SZUKIEL (POL).
In the 49er class, the overall lead is still held by Marcin CZAJKOWSKI and Krzysztof KIERKOWSKI (POL). The team won two races out of three yesterday, and now has the upper hand with 3 points over their rivals Pawel Kacprowski and Pawel Kulmicki.
In the 470 fleet, local sailors from Gdynia, Rafal Sawicki and Pawel Nowakowski (POL) are back on top. After the racing yesterday they are 6 points above Sergey BARTAHSEVICH and Igor PETROWICZ (BLR). "We'll keep our position till the end."
the Polish pair assured.
In Mistral class, among men, Piotr Myszka won all the races today and gained up to 6 points. That keeps him ahead of Oberemko (UKR), the current leader of the ISAF world rankings.
In the women's fleet, there is a new face at the top, with Agata BRYGOLA, taking over from Olga MASLIVETS (UKR), who was leading untill yesterday. BRYGOLA has a 6 points margin.
In the Tornado class, another local team is doing well, with Adam SKOMSKI and Marek GALKIEWICZ, from Gdynia, first overall after.
In the Europe class, the leader after the races today is Weronika GLINKIEWICZ. Tatiana Drozdowskaja (BLR) is just behind her.
Non-official results after the third day of the regatta.
1. Mateusz Kusznierewicz (POL) - 8 points
2. Waclaw Szukiel (POL) - 11 p
3. Rafal Szukiel (POL) - 20 p
1. Maciej Grabowski (POL) - 7 p
2. Marcin Rudawski (POL) - 20 p
3. Johan Wigforss (SWE) - 28 p
1. Adam Skomski, Marek Galkiewicz (POL) - 10 p
2. Piotr Cichocki, Roman Glówka (POL) - 10 p
3. Zbigniew Piekarski, Rafal Trzebiatowski Jutrzenka (POL) - 20 p
1. Rafał Sawicki, Pawel Nowakowski (POL) - 15 p
2. Sergey Bartahsevich, Igor Petrowicz (BLR) - 21 p
3. Pavlo Kalinchev, Andriy Shafranjuk (UKR) - 21 p
1. Weronika Glinkiewicz (POL) - 8 p
2. Tatiana Drozdowskaja (BLR) - 15 p
3. Gintare Volungeviciute (LTU) - 24 p
1. Marcin Czajkowski, Krzysztof Kierkowsk (POL) - 8 p
2. Paweł Kacprowski, Pawel Kulmicki (POL) - 11 p
3. Zbigniew Gutkowski, Zdzislaw Staniul (POL) - 20 p
1. Piotr Myszka (POL) - 8 p
2. Maxim Oberemko (UKR) - 15 p
3. Milosz Wojcik (POL) - 26 p
1. Agata Brygola (POL) - 11 p
2. Olga Maslivets (UKR) - 13 p
3. Anna Graczyk (POL) - 16 p