Yesterday was the second day of the Alpe Adria Sailing Tour 2003 and only a few minutes after the start of the race, it was cancelled due to the arrival of a non-racer - a ferry which cut straight across the race course.
The 12 identical Solaris 36 one designs, from designer Marco Lostuzzi, took part in today's leg from Trieste to Grado-Muggia 25 miles away.
For the first half, City of Aquileia skippered by Marco Augelli, led the fleet with in second place the locally sponsored university team Friuli Venezia Giulia with Gianluca Colla at the wheel. Towards the end of the race, a large shift of wind changed the finishing order, favouring yet again, America's Cup skipper Peter Holmberg with his team BMW Tomic.
Astern of him in second was City of Split who also scored second yesterday, City of Aquileia moving up to third.
Leg two saw a better result Friuli Venezia Giulia who went from eighth place yesterday to fourth today. The Barcolana boat with the President of the SVBG, Mauro Parladori on board, came fifth.
Results After Leg 2
1. BMW Team Peter Holmberg 3:46.56
2. City of Split Ivan Kuret 3:47.15
3. Citta di Aquilea Marco Augelli 3:47.23
4. Fri - Ve - Giu Gian Luca Colla 3:50.21
5. Barcolana Alesandro Bonifacco 3:50.54
6. Alcatel Ante Vanjaka 3:58.27
7. SCOR Darko Hajdinjak 3:59.29
8. Magic Team Ivan Straus 3:59.29
9. Clementei Stefano Rizzi 4:00.30
10. City of Sibenik Damir Desabota 4:13.20
11. City of Dubrovnik Goran Zugovic 4:17.45
12. Val Nautica Luccia Baldassi 4:18.39