Spirit of Canada crossed the finish line at 14:56:25 GMT (10:56:25 local time), as a small breeze filled in just half an hour beforehand. Congratulations Derek!
At 09:00GMT (05:00 local time), Spirit of Canada was 15 miles from the finish sailing at 4 knots but three hours later had run out of wind and was becalmed 8 miles from the finish line.
At 12.30 GMT (08:30 local time) Spirit of Canada finally found some wind and set off again at 4 knots with 6 miles to go. If the wind holds we can expect Derek to finish between 09:30 and 10:00.
1. Bobst Group-Armor Lux, Bernard Stamm (SUII)
2. Solidaires, Thierry Dubois (FRA)
3. Tiscali, Simone Bianchetti (ITA)
4. Pindar, Emma Richard (GBR)
5. Ocean Planet, Bruce Schwab (USA)
6. Hexagon, Graham Dalton (NZL) RTD Leg 4
7. Garnier, Patrick de Radigues (BLG) RTD Leg 1
1. Tommy Hilfiger Freedom America, Brad van Liew (USA)
2. Everest Horizontal, Tim Kent (USA)
3. Spirit of Canada, Derek Hatfield (CAN)
4. Spirit of Yukoh, Kojiro Shirashi (JPN)
5. BTC Velocity, Alan Paris (BER)
6. Bayer Ascensia, John Dennis (CAN)RTD Leg 3