The International Measurers (IM) Conference follows on from the successful running over the last two years of Conferences for International Judges, International Umpires, Chief Umpires and International Race Officers. After a reception at the ISAF Secretariat on Friday evening, the Conference takes place at the Holiday Inn in Southampton from 17-18 February.
David SPRAGUE (CAN), the chair of the ISAF International Measurers Sub-Committee, will host of the Conference. As well as IMs from around the world, John DOERR (GBR), the chairman of the ISAF Race Officials Committee, will also be attending in addition to several members of the ISAF Secretariat.
The Conference will focus on the following topics:
- ISAF In-House Certification programme update
- Class Certification and its role in Event Measurement
- Class Measurement Management
- IM's role in Certification
- Measurement Protests and Interpretations
- What to do if things go wrong at Measurement time
- Equipment Rules of Sailing - How they should be used
- Measurement Techniques for Regattas
- Measurement of Olympic Classes
- Classes, MNAs and ISAF - how can they work together to solve measurement issues.
All International Measurers were invited to attend the Conference along with ISAF Member National Authorities (MNAs) and representatives of International Classes.
The list of confirmed attendees to date can be found by CLICKING HERE.
For all the news connected to ISAF Race Officials CLICK HERE.