As you would expect from a truly international organization we are encouraging applications from all over the world.
Key requirements for both positions:
- A commercial background is essential with a genuine interest in working for a sports governing body
- Experience in managing projects in a diverse multi-disciplinary organzation
- Good representational skills and the ability to work with volunteers from all over the world
- Good English language skills and the proven ability to write letters, reports and minutes in plain English
- Organization and team-working skills with a strong management skills, personal presence, stature and integrity
The opportunities are:
TECHNICAL SAILING DIRECTOR
This is a pivotal role. The department which you will head up is responsible for all the technical aspects of the sport of sailing, including class rules, equipment control and measurement of all ISAF classes, from dinghies through to offshore. You will be working closely with designers, and boat builders and the classes themselves. Detailed knowledge of competitive sailing with in-depth experience of the technical aspects of the sport.
Offering a salary C£45K, depending on age and experience with an excellent benefit package and free parking.
This is another key role working in the Competitions Department which is responsible for the smooth running of the Federations' Race Officials and Events Programme and supports the following ISAF Committees: Race Officials, Racing Rules, Events, Regional Games, Windsurfing and Match Racing. The Department also has ownership of the ISAF Rankings for Match Racing and the World Rankings for the Olympic Classes and the development of the ISAF World Cup. Detailed knowledge of competitive sailing with experience or interest in the area of managing high level sailing events is essential.
Offering a salary starting at C£25k, depending on age and experience with an excellent benefit package and free car parking.
If you are interested in applying for either of these challenging roles, please forward your CV with a supporting letter of application to
email@example.com in the first instance.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 17 August 2007