For World number 29, MEISTER it was a successful day with his win against NEUGODNIKOV one of four victories against three losses. The German lies third overall, but with the competitors having competed in varying numbers of matches the leaderboard looks set to change dramatically at the end of today.
Amongst the remaining competitors, Przemek TARNACKI (POL) took advantage of the home support with just one loss to WILLIAMS counting against victories over Laurie JURY (NZL), Marek STANCZYK (POL) and Philipp KADELBACH (GER).
Racing in Sopot continues with the round robin today before, with the event set to come to a conclusion on Sunday.
Sopot Match Race Standings
1. Ian WILLIAMS (GBR), 6-1
2. Andrew ARBUZOV (RUS), 4-0
3. Stefan MEISTER (GER), 4-3
4. Przemek TARNACKI (POL), 3-1
5. Eugeniy NEUGODNIKOV (RUS), 3-2
6. Simon MINOPRIO (NZL), 2-3
7. Daniel GLOMB (BRA), 2-4
8. Marek STANCZYK (POL), 1-3
9. Laurie JURY (NZL), 1-5
9. Philipp KADELBACH (GER), 1-5
Sopot Match Race Entrants
(ISAF World Match Race Ranking)