With 265 entries from 19 nations this was a huge real international fight between many champions and all wannabees. In the 4 day final 9 races could be finished in the light wind conditions.
As winner of Round Texel 2002 and many excellent results in the Olympic tornado is was Mischa Heemskerk first European Title in the competive Hobie Tiger Class.
On the last day of racing it was between Backes (GER) and Griesmeyer (ITA). Griesmeyer had the best chances being four times European Champion Hobie 16, but leading to Backes in the light wind conditions and the strong currents he was able to hit a mark, loosing his European title and having Backes taking his first win. What a drama, but well sailed by Backes. World Champion Gavin Colby having two black flag disqualifications had no chances to win the title, but managed to come back to 4 place.
And the winners are:
1. Mischa Heemskerk / Pieter van Ruitenburg NED 11 points
2. Ulf Hahn / Susanne Seppelt GER 28 points
3. Gerard Loos / Esther van Zeggeren NED 41 points
Hobie 16 Gold Fleet
1. Georg Backes / Simone Monreal GER 49 points
2. Stefan Griesmeyer / Monica Bisio ITA 58 points
3. Loic Fequet / Béatrice Adam FRA 95 points
Hobie 16 Silver Fleet
1. Gerald Karner / Katharina Buttinger AUT 57 points
2. Andreas Jung / Frede Balzereit GER 79 points
3. Siegfried Hoff / Catharina Lagemann GER 88 points
1. Burkhardt Schmidt GER 12 points
2. Thomas Hasberg GER 21 points
3. Martin van de Bunt NED 23 points
1. Dirk Pool NED 14 points
2. Jan van Spellen NED 24 points
3. Herre Deurloo NED 32 points