The distance race ended in the early morning hours, after 112.2 nm with moderate winds of 20 knots throughout the race. Tau Ceramics, skippered by Dominguez Banderas (brother of actor Antonio Banderas) crossed the line first at 1:28 AM.
Two boats had equipment problems overnight: Bribon and the French boat Babau, but expect to be ready for the final days of competition. The crews will rest today, inshore racing begins tomorrow at noon.
In the National Scoring Spain still leads with 298 points, Italy is in second and also has 298, Greece is in third with 295. King Juan Carlos of Spain is expected to arrive today and to skipper Bribon during the last days of the regatta.
Provisional Scoring after 3 Races, Top Ten:
1. Giacomelli Sport, Giacomelli Sport Team, IMX 45, 22 points
2. Aon Nikols Twin Soul 3, Luciano Gandini, Grand Soleil 40, 22
3. Aurora, Pasquale Caccipuoti, Canard 41, 24
4. Atalanti XIV, George Andreadis, IMS 43
5. OPS Competition, Massimo Violati, B&C 46, 30
6. Wind, Lorenzo Bressani, Grand Solieil 44, 31
7. Tau Ceramica, Javier Dominguez Banderas, Farr 51, 36
8. Forum Filatelico, Associacion Melillense, B&C 41, 36
9. X Lady, Piergiorgio Ravioni, X-332 Sport, 39
10. Caixa Galicia, Vicente Tirado Jimeniz, B&C 52, 42