'RMW Marine' sailed by Rob Greenhalgh, Dan Johnson and Jonny Meers won this International event in great style by finishing first in the three final heats sailed on Saturday, at Carnac in the Bay of Quiberon.
This rounded off an outstanding performance by the team during the week, when they won seven of the ten heats sailed.
US contenders Howie Hamlin, Mike Martin and Chris Cleary on 'General Electric-US Challenge' were disqualified from the first heat of the day after being adjudged "on course side" at the start along with three other boats. 'General Electric-US Challenge' had what was for them an off day, following their disqualification with a fourth and tenth position, to finish third overall.
Overall results after 10 Heats (2 discards):
1. 'RMW Marine' Rob Greenhalgh, GBR, 3 points
2. 'Yandoo-d'Albora Marinas' John Winning, AUS, 36.4 points
3. 'General Electric-US Challenge' Howie Hamlin, USA, 52 points
4. 'Total Recall' Tony Hannan, AUS, 54.5 points
5. 'Base 1' Rob Dulson, 76.8 points
6. 'Radii' Andy Richards, GBR 80.1 pts
7. 'White Stuff' Victor Brellisford, GBR 86.4 pts
8. 'Ernst & Young' Jarrod Simpson, GBR 104.7 pts
9. 'Wempe' Flemming Clausen, DEN 108 pts
10. 'Computer Centre' Jon Bennett, GBR 122 pts