The goal of the conference will be to review the challenges and potentials, the logic and the value of teaching basic sailing skills to youth and to motivate those to increased and more regionally coordinated efforts.
The content of the summit will include the following:
1. To inform parties of what is happening in the Caribbean and to hear opinions on what is successful and what is not and what the key elements are that create success.
2. To review together some of the alternatives in respect of syllabi, certification, marketing, equipment usage , equipment maintenance , equipment financing to gain insights into the potentials and risks.
3. To motivate and inspire youth sailing administrators and teachers in the Caribbean.
The programme will include presentations by the different territories on the training programme they are currently running. He CSA is inviting each island to designate a volunteer to make a presentation, using a standard format:
1. The syllabus they are using.
2. The certification levels they are using.
3. Their financial structure.
4. Equipment selection preference and experience.
The Caribbean Sailing Association is an association of territories and sailing clubs of the Caribbean who associate in order to practically promote sailing activities in the Eastern Caribbean.