But the weather did not deter the British who took 9 of the Top 10 positions and claim the European Championship Title.
With just enough wind for sailing and the sun peeping through the cloud, the boats left the harbour anticipating an increase in wind. However, the wind failed to materialise, and the fleet were then sent ashore. By 1500 hours it was clear the wind would not appear and all further races were abandoned, with the Europeans decided from the previous days results.
After 7 races, the European Championship went to Paul Vine and Dave Dubrojnic (GBR).
Top 10 Results
1. GBR 1444, Paul Vine and Dave Dubrojnic
2. GBR 1461 Ian Pinnell and Jon Mildred
3. GBR 1470 James Fawcett and Adrian Murphy
4. GBR 1466 Andy Partington and Doug Walker
5. GBR 1445 David Spragg and Andy Loukes
6. GBR 1422 Tony Dencher and Mike Dencher
7. GBR1467 Peter Dann and Dominic Stanislavs
8. GBR1431 Colin Smith and Peter Helm
9. GER185 Stephan Heim and Robert Schmidt
10. GBR1450 Victor Brellisford and Damian Ash