Michael Hestbaek and Rasmus Terp van Hansen (DEN) hold on to a slender lead after the second day of the MasterCard European 49er Championship. Racing took place under blue skies and a shifty northeasterly 8-12 knots.
With a total of six races now completed Norwegians Christoffer Sundby and Frode Bovim were able to discard their black flag disqualification from yesterday and moved into second spot followed by the British medallists from the recent World Championship regatta, Chris Draper/Simon Hiscocks and Paul Brotherton/Mark Asquith. Olympic Champion helmsman Thomas Johanson and his new crew Juklka Pirkaiinen (FIN) continued their good form of yesterday and are in 5th position.
1. Hestbaek/van Hansen DEN 9 points
2. Sundby/Bovim NOR 10 points
3. Draper/Hiscocks GBR 10 points
4. Brotherton/Asquith GBR 11 points
5. Johanson/Piirainen FIN 14 points
6. Persson/Iversen DEN 15 points
7. Martinez/Fernandez ESP 16 points
8. Steeg/Demel GER 16 points
9. Lopez-Vasquez/De la Plaza ESP 16 points
10. Dellekarth/Resch AUT 18 points