The competitors and race committee were thwarted by stormy, unpredicatable weather conditions and winds up to 22 knots.
Racing was scheduled to start at 13:00h yesterday for the first day of racing at the Tornado European Championship. The race committee was forced to abandon racing for the day due to the stormy unpredicatable conditions, which saw them relaying the course five times over the day.
The Tornado Class allows racing upto around 20 knots of wind as long as the sea conditions aren't too rough, but it wasn't to be yesterday. A disappointing first day.
Therefore the 1st day of competition was postponed until tomorrow, Wednesday 8 May, first possible start 13:00h.