ISAF is pleased to invite delegates to attend the 2015 ISAF Development Symposium set to be held in New Orleans, USA from 19-21 January.
The 2015 ISAF Development Symposium is hosted in collaboration with US Sailing. All delegates are invited to register to attend the three day US Sailing National Sailing Programs Symposium (NSPS) which follows the ISAF Symposium. Full details of this highly successful and very popular event can be found via the US Sailing website here
Jack Gierhart, Executive Director of US Sailing said of the joint event, "US Sailing is excited to welcome ISAF and our fellow MNAs to New Orleans in 2015, a part of our country with a long tradition of sailing. We look forward to introducing our partners from around the world to the innovators in sailing education in the US and discussing ways our organizations can work together to grow the sport of sailing
Delegation sizes must be kept to a maximum of two representatives per MNA. Registration must be completed no later than 20 December 2014 in order to take advantage of the preferential accommodation rates.
All delegates must be formally endorsed by their MNA. For a registration form and further details please contact the ISAF Training and Development department here.
A draft programme for 2015 outlining proposed discussion workshops and presentations is available here.
- History of US Sailing and recent developments in the National Training Programme
- Examples of MNA achievements and regional development initiatives.
- Developing National Coaching Certification and Qualification Frameworks
- Increased development of Disabled Sailing programmes
- 2015 / 2016 ISAF Youth Worlds and 2018 ISAF Worlds Emerging Nations Programme.
- ISAF Approved Training Centres and ISAF Recognized Training
- Inclusivity in Sailing - The gender balance.
- Introduction to the US Sailing 'Reach Program'
Reviews of the Symposiums held in 2012, 2013 and 2014 can be viewed here.
Keep up to date with Training and Development related news via the Facebook page and Twitter feed: @ISAFDevelopment