The provisional deadline for ISAF Member National Authorities (MNAs) who wish to nominate delegates to attend the 2014 Development Symposium in Cape Town, South Africa this March 14 - 16, 2014 is fast approaching.
This popular event has limited availability and early booking is essential. If you wish to join the growing number of international delegates already confirmed then please do not hesitate.
Delegation sizes are limited to two persons per MNA. A special ISAF room rate for the event has been arranged at the Lagoon Beach Hotel venue and must be reserved by no later than Thursday 20 February 2014. Please quote the code ISAFDevSym2014 in all communication with the hotel and ISAF
Contact the hotel for reservations here
Topics for presentations / breakaway discussions include the following:
• Long-term Participant Development (LTPD)
• The ISAF Youth Worlds Emerging Nations Programme (ENP)
• IOC funding for Rio 2016 Olympic Athlete Scholarships and Technical Courses
• ISAF Training Centres for talent development of MNA sailors
• Internationally recognized certification / qualification for your MNA Coaches through the new ISAF Coaching Framework.
• How schools and education can help link to extra support for National Training Programmes and increase participation.
• Disabled Sailing initiatives available through IFDS / ISAF.
• Women in sport
• The new ISAF / IKA 'Learn to Kite' syllabus
• Regional development initiatives such as the ISAF 'Sail Africa' project
Delegates and/or the relevant nominating MNA are expected to cover flight and accommodation costs for the event with ISAF providing food / drink, venue facilities as well as a number of international presenters.
For full details of the 2014 ISAF Development Symposium, including a draft schedule as well as details of accommodation costs and social programme outline please visit our dedicated website page
Click here for a video review of the 2013 Development Symposium.
To keep up to date with the outcomes of this event as well as all Training and Development news follow the updates via the Facebook page www.facebook.com/ISAFDevelopment
and Twitter feed @connect2sailing
If you or your country wish to know how you could benefit from any of the programmes that ISAF is engaged in delivering to develop the sport of sailing globally then please visit our website www.sailing.org/training
or contact our Training and Development Department by email