The Royal Netherlands Yachting Union is seeking a full time Laser Talentcoach.
Purpose of the position:
The coach has a solid and clear vision on Talent development and is responsible for the program, team, individuals, and
results of the Delta Lloyd Laser Talentteam. Besides these core tasks a Talentcoach is also responsible for talent- and
coach development in youth classes within the Watersportverbond (RNYU) Talentplan.
•Guidance of the sports technical development of the sailors;
• Training of the sailors;
• Coaching during high performance events;
• Prepare talents as fast training partners and/ or full time Olympic team members
• Lead and manage a team of specialists and supporting staff;
• Collect, develop and share sport technical knowledge;
• Develop and support the long term sport technical educational plan;
• Implement new coaching/ sailing skills;
• Work on and develop talent tracking system;
• Work on innovations for efficient training together with InnoSportLab The Hague
• Stimulate the development of competences of sport technical staff;
• Work in the team of Talent coaches and RNYU staff
• Organise training clinics and courses for youth coaches within the Talentplan;
• Guide youth coaches within the Talentplan;
• Scout talent
• Experience in high performance racing or coaching (Dutch trainer 4/ 5 or comparable certificate)
• Inspiring, smart, creative and strong communicator.
• Good verbal and writing skills.
• Realising results.
• Analytic abilities.
• Professional performance and attitude.
• Good cooperative and social skills.
• Willing to develop own skills and be trained to the Dutch Topcoach 5 level.
• Ability to speak or willing to learn to speak Dutch
• Living in (or moving to) The Hague area (The Netherlands)
View the full job descriptions on the Watersportverbond website.
About the RNYU
The WATERSPORTVERBOND (RNYU) is a typical sports organisation managed by professionals assisted by volunteers and assisted by a professional office. More than 25 employees work here and support the board, committees, regions, classes and more than 400 clubs and over 100.000 members. The High Performance department of the RNYU runs an ambitious World Class Performance Program for most Olympic Classes. The objectives of this program can be summarised in 'Sailing for Gold". This high performance department operates from its National Training Center Sailing in The Hague.
The Watersportverbond Talentplan is the practical outcome of the Long Term Athlete Development Plan. Since 2006,
started as project 2012, a growing talent development program has been build around a few core Olympic Classes. This
program has been developed into a program in which young talents can grow to top athletes inside the Deltalloyd Olympic Team. Talent trains together in few classes to secure competition. A development process that is always coordinated by the RNYU and the Talent coaches in specific. The highest level within the Talentplan, the Talentteam (Laser, Laser Radial, 49er FX, RS:X) is based in The Hague, where study, living and top sailing are combined in the National Training Center Sailing The Hague.