World #15 Staffan Lindberg (FIN) and his team Alandia Sailing Team Powered by GP, won the TeamWork Geneva Match Race (Societe Nautique de Genève, Switzerland, October 24 - 27).
Lindberg and his team of Robert Skarp, Benny Ulveaus and Carl-Johan Uckelstam, beat some of the worlds' best Match Race sailors, including Nicolai Sehested (DAN), World #8, and Pierre-Antoine Morvan (FRA), World #11. After a very tight finish, Lindberg won the 11th edition of the competition with a 2-1 score against title holder Eric Monnin
Supported by the Geneva-based computer-services company TeamWork, and organised by the Cercle de la Voile de la Societe Nautique de Genève, TeamWork Geneva Match Race has become a Grade 2 event this year.
Final ranking :
1. Alandia Sailing Team powered by GP, Staffan Lindberg (FIN)
2. Okalys Corum, Eric Monnin (SUI)
3. Vannes Agglo Sailing, Pierre-Antoine Morvan (FRA)
4. Westcoast Sailing Team, Antti Luhta (FIN)
5. Realteam, Jerôme Clerc (SUI)
6. Trefor Match Racing, Nicolai Sehested (DAN)
7. Nantes-Saint Nazaire Sailing Team, Christian Ponthieu (FRA)
8. Team Echo, Mark Lees (GBR)