The Training and Development Department of ISAF is pleased to announce the launch of two new Training Resources.
The ISAF Beginners Guide to Dinghy Sailing publication
(Retail price: £10.00 GBP) is provided for sailors and coaches alike to be used alongside a structured course , as an 'aide-mémoire' after completing any formal training in the specific discipline or as a reference tool to help develop personal knowledge in areas of background theory.
The ISAF Course Plotter
accessory (Retail price: £7.99 GBP) is provided for any beginner keelboat / yacht sailors to be used during formal training in the art of Navigation and Chart work or as a tool for any existing sailors who require an easy-to-use Chart / Course Plotter as part of their 'toolbox' of on board navigation resources.
The ISAF Training Resources reflect the latest thinking and best practice to an international set of guidelines for both new and developing Nations and are designed to accompany the ISAF National Training Programme (NTP) guidelines and recently released ISAF Coaching Framework.
Upcoming publications currently under development include titles such as:
• ISAF Dinghy Sailing techniques - Intermediate / Advanced
• ISAF Practical Race Coaching Exercises
• ISAF Beginners Guide to Multihull Sailing
• ISAF Beginners Guide to Windsurfing
• ISAF Yachting Handbook - Crewing, Navigation, Inshore Skipper
• ISAF Guide to Safety / Coach boat handling
For images of the new Training Resources please visit our Facebook page here
For details of all other products sold online, visit the ISAF Shop here
All ISAF Training resources have been developed in conjunction with nations that have been taking part in the ISAF Training and Development programmes, during which time all those involved, including delegates at the ISAF Development Symposium as well as ISAF Nominated Experts have given their input.
The unique way in which each ISAF Member National Authority (MNA) can personalise these resources by purchasing a country specific Licence for print and re-sale means that MNA benefits are maximised, not having to outlay the initial development costs. Once ISAF members have successfully purchased the licences they can create an MNA specific resource by:
1. Translating all text
2. Adding MNA Logos and contact address, including websites
3. Including a personalised introduction and photograph
4. Changing pictures to include references to national sailors and national boat classes
5. Make use of the potential Sponsorship / Advertising space included in each book, enabling the MNA to help pay for cost of licence / print of their publications.
6. Potentially printing resources in own MNA, reducing shipping costs.
These national licences are only available to purchase by the ISAF Member National Authority.
If you would like to see these resources being used in your country why not get in touch with your national sailing federation here
or if you would like to talk to the ISAF Training and Development Department about ISAF Training Resource Licences or any other areas of Development then get in touch here