The almost unanimous reaction to getting rid of Kinetics for a trial period has been what I had hoped.
NO! NO! NO!
There is an old joke that relates to my strategy to get everyone to wake up regarding Rule 42:
Ad in newspaper stated the following:
"WANTED: Kind Donkey Trainer required to discipline family pet!"
A man, saying he was an animal trainer, showed up at the farm and the farmer asked him if he was kind and that the donkey was over by the barn.
The kind animal trainer went over to the barn and picked up a big board and immediately hit the donkey between the eyes with the piece of wood.
The farmer went ballistic shouting:
"This is the family pet and you said you were kind??"
replied the trainer "But I had to get his attention first."
Now that I have everyone's attention maybe we can get something done with regard to Rule 42.
The response has been almost unanimous as follows:
- Kinetics must be controlled and consistently applied with understandable rules.
- The Judges must talk to the sailors and put the line in the sand over which they cannot go.
- There must be a special group of IJ's who fully understand the class and are respected by the sailors.
- The Judges must be tough and fair.
- The only way to influence the sport is to ensure that the top sailors are controlled and that it filters down.
- ISAF must be proactive.
The challenge is to ISAF to make the necessary adjustments or Sailing, as we know it, suffers.
The President Speaks - Kinetics Free For All
Feedback Part 1
Feedback Part 2
Feedback Part 3