Elmelah Ofek put in a dominant performance in the Youth (under 17) division to take the title with a massive 26 point margin from second placed Rafeek Kikabhoy from Hong Kong. "I do not believe that I am the champion" said Elemeleh Ofek "it is an amazing experience. At the last World Championship I was the fifth. I trained very hard for two years. It's a great feeling".
"It was close ..." laughed a happy Stefania Elfutina (RUS). "I'm happy, but it was hard to beat the competitor from Hong Kong and the UK," said the 2013 Techno World Champion in the girls under the 17 years division.
Youth Olympic Games Qualification
The 2013 Techno 293 Worlds is also the first qualification regatta for the 2014 Youth Olympic Games to be held in Nanjing, China with three places up for grabs. Competitors representing the top three countries in each fleet in the Youth events shall qualify that country to compete in the boy's windsurfer and girl's windsurfer events. To qualify their country a coompetitor shall be born between 1 January 1997 and 31 December 1998.
In the boy's event, the first qualified nations are: Israel, Hong Kong and Belarus and in the girl's event they are: Russia, Hong Kong and France.
Final Results - Top Three
Youth Boys (under 17)
1. Ofek Elmeleh (ISR) - 28 pts
2. Rafeek Kikabhoy (HKG) - 54 pts
3. Mikita Tsirkun (BLR) - 77 pts
Youth girls (under 17)
1. Stefania Elfutina (RUS) - 18 pts
2. Ching Ma Kwan (HKG) - 25 pts
3. Emma Wilson (GBR) - 33 pts
Junior boys (under 15)
1. Yoav Cohen (ISR) - 15 pts
2. Tom Monnet (FRA) - 19 pts
3. Tom Arnoux (FRA) - 22 pts
Junior girls (under 15)
1. Giorgia Speciale (ITA) - 17 pts
2. Katy Spychakov (ISR) - 22 pts
3. Oceane Montaut (FRA) - 47 pts