The Canadian Yachting Association is seeking an independent and service minded individual to provide administrative support to the Canadian Sailing Team and the domestic racing programs as the Canadian Sailing Team and Racing Program Assistant.
· Support for organizers of CYA events
· Administrative support for the High Performance Programs
· Develop information for email newsletter and website
· Distribution of information to sailing partners
· Answering inquires from athletes, coaches and organizers
· Minimum of two years administrative experience
· Working knowledge of (Microsoft) computer applications
· Strong oral and written communication skills in French and English an asset
· Knowledge of the sport of Sailing and/or sports administration
· must be detailed and deadline oriented
The Canadian Yachting Association (CYA) is the national governing body for the sport of sailing, and is responsible for developing educational, recreational and racing programs. CYA works with its stakeholders to address the needs of Canadian sailors and boaters.
This full time position is financially supported by Sport Canada.
Application deadline: September 27th 2002
For specific questions about the position, please email
Ken Dool firstname.lastname@example.org
- High Performance Director or
Erika Vines email@example.com
- Racing Technical Coordinator.
Please forward your application to:
Marianne Davis, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org
CANADIAN YACHTING ASSOCIATION
Portsmouth Olympic Harbour, 53 Yonge Street