Qualification is decided on a national basis. Every ISAF Member National Authority (MNA) is entitled to one priority place in each event.
Click here to read the full qualification system.
The Entry Quotas for each of the 10 events in Perth are as follows:
|Event||Equipment/Class||Boat Quota||Athlete Quota|
|Men's One Person Dinghy||Laser||150||150|
|Men's One Person Dinghy Heavy||Finn||80||80|
|Men's Two Person Dinghy||470||120||240|
|Men's Two Person Dinghy High Performance||49er||100||200|
|Women's One Person Dinghy||Laser Radial||120||120|
|Women's Two Person Dinghy||470||80||160|
|Women's Keelboat Match Racing||Elliott 6m||32*||96*|
*If more than 32 nations enter, the field may be expanded up to a maximum of 40.
Qualification for the Perth 2011 is divided into two main categories: fleet racing and match racing.
There is a maximum of six entries per nation per event.
For the nine fleet racing events, the main portion of qualification places will be granted based on nation's results at the 2010 qualification event listed below:
|Star||2010 European Championships||5-13 June||Italy|
|49er||2010 European Championships||1-10 July||Poland|
|Laser Radial||2010 World Championships||6-14 July||Great Britain|
|Men's 470||2010 World Championships||9-18 July 2010||Netherlands|
|Women's 470||2010 World Championships||9-18 July 2010||Netherlands|
|Men's RS:X||2010 World Championships||26 August-5 September||Denmark|
|Women's RS:X||2010 World Championships||26 August-5 September||Denmark|
|Laser||2010 World Championships||27 August-5 September||Great Britain|
|Finn||2010 World Championships||27 August-4 September||USA|
Further to this, places will also be granted based on the ISAF World Sailing Rankings on 30 June 2011. In addition, up to 10% of the quota for each event is reserved for the Qualification Commission.
There is a maximum of two entries per nation.
Additional places will be granted based on the Women's ISAF World Match Race Rankings as of 30 June 2011.
Summary of the Qualification System:
1. All MNAs have one entry per event.
2. Additional entries for fleet racing events based on performance at 2010 World Championships (except European Championships for 49ers and Star).
3. Additional entries for fleet racing events based on 2011 ISAF World Rankings, 30 June 2011, and also on application to the ISAF Qualification Commission
4. Second match racing entry for top ranked MNAs (to expand fleet to 32) based on Women's Match Racing World Rankings, 30 June 2011.
5. Applications for entries under 1 and 2 above must be made and paid for by MNAs via the Championship on-line registration by 28 Feb 2011 or they will be forfeited.
6. Applications for entries under 3 and 4 above must be made by MNAs to ISAF Secretariat by 30 June 2011. On-line registration and payment must be completed by 31 July 2011, or they will be forfeited.