Yachting New Zealand has announced the shortlist of nominations for the 2005 Sailor Excellence Awards. The Awards Dinner Ceremony is on Friday 11 November at the Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron (RNZYS) in Auckland.
Tickets are available for the ceremony on the Yachting New Zeland website
TQ3 Navigant Sailor of the Year Finalist Nominees include:
- Charles St Clair BROWN and Bill BUCKLEY (RNZYS)
- Sharon FERRIS (Bay of Islands Yacht Club)
- Ray HASLER (Kerikeri Cruising Club)
- Hamish PEPPER (RNZYS)
Young Sailor of the Year Finalist Nominees include:
- NZ Optimist Team to the World Championships 2005 (NZIODA)
(Including Carl EVANS, Paul SNOW-HANSEN, Luke DEEGAN, Jason SAUNDERS and Daniel WILLCOX)
- Peter BURLING (Tauranga Yacht & Powerboat Club)
- Carl EVANS (Kohimarama Yacht Club)
- Bruce KENNEDY (Tauranga Yacht & Powerboat Club)
- Andrew MALONEY (Kerikeri Cruising Club)
- Blair MCLAY (Torbay Sailing Club)
- Paul SNOW-HANSEN (Wakatere Boating Club)
As well as the announcement of the TQ3 Navigant Sailor of the Year and the Young Sailor of the Year a number of people will be recognised with Honour, Merit and Cruising Awards. Awardees in those categories are currently being notified and they will be announced in the next edition of Briefings.
Multiple World and Olympic Champion and member of Emirates Team New Zealand, Ben AINSLIE (GBR) will the guest speaker this year and Peter MONTGOMERY will be Master of Ceremonies.