With 120 sailors at the recent event in Cadiz, RS:X is quickly establishing a strong international following and a comprehensive calendar of events. Neil Pryde has decided to take the lead and establish a dedicated website for all things RS:X to support the class and all those involved.
Three new features of the RS:X website are:
- Class Association - You can download the rules and regulations of RS:X racing events enabling you to set up your very own RS:X race via your local sailing association or Yacht Club. Guidelines on how to host an event, write Sailing Instructions and suggestions for the best possible courses in all wind conditions will be posted shortly.
- Event Information - Very soon you will be able to post all your own event information on this site and update it yourself complete with pictures and downloads such as the Notice of Race, Entry Form and Sailing Instructions. You will also be able to offer additional material such as information on travel to your event and accommodation nearby. When your event takes place you will be able to add Event Reports and post your Race Results each day.
In the mean time please send all your event information direct to email@example.com and the Neil Pryde team will post your event information for you.
- The Forum - Four time windsurfing Olympian Mike GEBHARDT (USA) has joined the NeilPryde forum as resident RS:X expert and will be available to answer all your RS:X questions and give advice on how to get the most out of your RS:X. The forum is also here to create a global online community for competitors to express opinions on the RS:X and share RS:X tips, ideas and experiences.
The website also features:
- The latest news about the RS:X
- RS:X product and pricing information
- A comprehensive rigging and tuning guide
- Information on where to get your very own RS:X
- Wallpaper and Screensaver downloads
Ailsa ANGUS - International Manager had this to say, 'RS:X is going from strength to strength with a huge interest being shown in the product and the class by both Olympic and recreational sailors. We really want to support the development of the class through a comprehensive calendar of events so there are lots of opportunities to get people out on the water and racing.
'The RS:X is suitable for a wide range of conditions and this will give the event organizers the confidence to get involved because they know that if they put in the effort to organize an event everyone will have a great time on the water. We have lots of ideas on how to help encourage the development of the class and what's on the website now is just the beginning, there is a lot more content to come.'