After a course inspection the race committee postponed racing until late in the afternoon in the hope that the strong winds might moderate. At the 1530 final deadline for a decision the wind was still the same with the seas even steeper as the strong spring tide turned against the wind. All racing was postponed to the next day.
With strong winds expected to continue over the next few days and typhoon ShanShan changing track more towards Jeju the Race Committee have introduced a new course format of double windward-leewards and are proposing to race one fleet at a time to maximise safety cover in the strong winds. In addition they have rescheduled racing to start at 0900 in the hope of using the slightly lighter winds in the morning close to the shore.
|9||CHI||Matias DEL SOLAR||5||5|
|9||FRA||Thomas LE BRETON||5||5|
For all the news from the Laser World Championship CLICK HERE.