RS:X Asian Windsurfing Tour
The new Olympic windsurfing equipment, the NeilPryde RS:X, will be making its debut on the Asian Windsurfing Tour in January next year with 15 complete sets of equipment made available for hire at events in Malaysia, Indonesia and Korea. At the end of the season in Korea in May a new Asian Champion will be crowned.
The Asian Windsurfing Tour (AWT) travels around Asia visiting 'the windy side of paradise' and this season, in addition to the 'traditional' downwind slalom, a new type of windsurfing will be on show, RS:X. Competitors from all over the world are invited to Asia to compete on the new Olympic equipment made available by NeilPryde.
- 15 boards are available plus 15 men's rigs (9.5m) and five women's rigs (8.5m)
- Equipment will be rented on a first come first served basis
- Each complete set (board plus complete rig) will be rented out at US$250 per event
- Equipment set will be supplied to competitors in a Neil Pryde bag for protection
- A US$100 discount is available for anyone who rents for two events (i.e. US$400 for two events)
- Equipment for Malaysia and Korea will be delivered on site while gear for Indonesia will be delivered in Singapore prior to taking the high speed ferry to Bintan.
- A security deposit of US$300 will be required
- Payment may be made by credit card
- To secure equipment simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org confirming:
- Name of windsurfer
- Credit card details (billing address, type of credit card, name of cardholder, number, expiry date)
- Contact details of windsurfer (address, telephone, e-mail)
As usual on the AWT we will be flying in top Race Direction from the World Tour with Klaus MICHEL on hand to set courses and monitor racing.
AWT 2005/2006 Season
- The Penghu ProAm
10-14 November 2005 - Penghu, Taiwan
- Monsoon Madness
11-14 January 2006 - Kuantan, Malaysia
- Mana Mana Amslam
18-21 January 2006 - Bintan, Indonesia
- Boracay International Funboard Cup
21-27 January 2006 - Boracay, Philippines
- Marianas Open
8-12 February 2006 - Saipan
- Ulsan International Windsurfing Championship
12-16 May 2006 - Ulsan, Korea