Yachting Australia seeks to appoint an experienced and capable full-time High Performance Coach for a Melbourne based position. Reporting to the Olympic Sailing Programme Manager, the successful applicant will be a key contributor to the overall development and improvement of the Victorian State High Performance Program - sailing (SHPP).
The programme is primarily aimed at achieving the following key goals:
- Identifying, developing, fostering and working with sub-elite Victorian, state based sailing athletes in preparing them for elite level competition and ultimately for Olympic success
- Identifying, developing and providing guidance and support to sub-elite level coaches within your state
- Close co-operation with Australian Sailing Team (AST) coaches and management in the development and support of elite level AST and Australian Sailing Development Squad (ASDS) athletes when in their home state.
- Close cooperation with all stakeholders in the SHPP including: Yachting Australia (YA), AST, Victorian Institute of Sport, Yachting Victoria to deliver a world class high performance programme
- Delivering the best possible coaching, technical, administrative and other support to the athletes
Yachting Australia seeks a goal and outcome oriented individual with high integrity and ability to work with minimal supervision. Strong administrative and people skills and a cooperative attitude are essential. Coaching experience at the elite level and sports qualifications commensurate with the position are essential.
Attractive remuneration and working conditions are available to the right candidate.
For further information or to apply please contact Alastair SNELL, General Manager, Yachting Australia, Locked Bag 806, Milsons Point NSW 2061 or via email email@example.com.
All applications should be submitted in writing and be received by 16:00 on Friday 9 May 2007.