Second place Mirsky jumped straight to the semi final thanks to his victory in the opening round robin series. There he had the right to choose his opponent, where he defeated Philippe Presti (FRA). Presti later had to settle for fourth place after loosing the petit final to Williams.
Minoprio's victory gives him back the lead of the Tour on 86 points, leapfrogging Mathieu Richard (FRA) and also taking a 12-point lead over Mirsky who moves up to second place on 74. Frenchman Richard, who has now dropped to third having failed to advance beyond the round robin series at the St Moritz Match Race, still remains in a strong position with 68 points.
Winding up the momentum is current 2007 and 2008 World Champion Williams and his Team Pindar who now takes fourth place with 64 points, after a strong finish in St Moritz, just sneaking ahead of Gilmour's YANMAR Racing on 62.
Both Damien Iehl (FRA) and Sébastien Col (FRA) will be looking for top three finishes at the Danish Open, to keep their Championship hopes alive and as a past winner of the Danish Open, Col will have high expectations.
The Danish Open runs from 10-13 September.
ISAF Match Racing World Championship Leaderboard
(Top eight teams after Stage 6 of 9)
1. Adam Minoprio (NZL), ETNZ/BlackMatch, 86 points
2. Torvar Mirsky (AUS), Mirsky Racing Team, 74 points
3. Mathieu Richard (FRA), French Match Racing Team, 68 points
4. Ian Williams (GBR), Bahrain Team Pindar, 64 points
5. Peter Gilmour (AUS), YANMAR Racing, 62 points
6. Damien Iehl (FRA), French Match Racing Team, 44 points
7. Sébastien Col (FRA), French Match Racing Team / K-Challenge, 41 points
8. Ben Ainslie (GBR), Team Origin, 40 points
The winner of the annual World Match Racing Tour is crowned as ISAF Match Racing World Champion. Find out more at www.sailing.org/matchworlds.