Having already covered around 800 miles since they left Lorient, France on Sunday the six trimarans contesting the IB Group Challenge are almost a third of the way to the finish at Nice, France. After a flying start to the race, the trimarans have slowed this afternoon with the main beneficiary being Michel DESJOYEAUX on Géant.
At the 0800 hours GMT poll yesterday morning, DESJOYEAUX lay fourth, 28 miles behind leader, Pascal BIDÉGORRY on Bank Populaire
. By this morning he had overhauled Frederic PEUTREC aboard Gitana 11
to take third and at the most recent 1330 GMT poll Franck CAMMAS and Groupama-2
had become his next victims. DESJOYEAUX now lies in second, just a mere 2.4 miles behind BIDÉGORRY, who has just managed to hold on to his lead.
The slow speeds though have compressed the fleet and CAMMAS in third is just under two miles back with PEUTREC only another two miles behind in fourth.
(at 1330 hours GMT)
- Bank Populaire, Pascal BIDÉGORRY - 1,788 miles from the finish
- Géant, Michel DESJOYEAUX - 2.4 miles from the leader
- Groupama-2, Franck CAMMAS - 4.3 miles from the leader
- Gitana 11, Frederic PEUTREC - 6.1 miles from the leader
- Foncia, Armel CLÉAC'H - 30.0 miles from the leader
- Gitana X, Thierry DUPREY - 44.9 miles from the leader