BIDÉGORRY Leads, CAMMAS Out
Bank Populaire, skippered by Pascal BIDÉGORRY, leads the 2,600 mile IB Group Challenge and has less than 200 miles to the finish. Over the weekend the fleet was reduced to five with the retirement of Franck CAMMAS on Groupama-2.
BIDÉGORRY's lead at the front is under pressure from Frederic PEUTREC on Gitana 11
. At the 1400 GMT poll BIDÉGORRY was 169 miles from the finish but just 23 miles ahead of PEUTREC. These two are over 100 miles clear at the front but behind them the battle for third place is tight.
Currently Michel DESJOYEAUX aboard Géant holds the advantage and is just under four miles ahead of Thierry DUPREY and Gitana X. Just eight miles back is Foncia, skippered by Armel CLÉAC'H.
(at 1400 hours GMT)
- Bank Populaire, Pascal BIDÉGORRY - 169 miles from the finish
- Gitana 11, Frederic PEUTREC - 23.0 miles from the leader
- Géant, Michel DESJOYEAUX - 128.9 miles from the leader
- Gitana X, Thierry DUPREY - 132.8 miles from the leader
- Foncia, Armel CLÉAC'H - 140.7 miles from the leader