Qualifying Events For 2006 US Youth Team Announced
US SAILING News
Portsmouth, Rhode Island, USA
US SAILING has announced the qualifying events for the 2006 US Youth World Team, which will represent the USA at the Volvo Youth Sailing ISAF World Championship 2006, to be held in Weymouth, Great Britain from 12-21 July.
The qualifying events are open to sailors who will not have turned 19 in 2006, the Volvo Youth Sailing ISAF World Championship, taking place this year in Busan, Korea from 14-23 July, feature competition in seven events.
The qualifying events for the 2006 US Youth World Team are:
- Multihull Open - Hobie 16: 2005 U.S. Youth Multihull Championship, to be held 25-28 August at St. Andrew Bay Yacht Club, Panama City, Florida, USA
- Single-handed dinghy boys - Laser: 2006 U.S. Youth Sailing Championship, dates to be determined, hosted by Southern Yacht Club, New Orleans, USA
- Single-handed dinghy girls - Laser Radial: 2005 U.S. Junior Women's Singlehanded Championship, to be held 30 July-5 August at California Yacht Club, Marina Del Rey, California, USA
- Double-handed dinghy boys - International 420: 2006 420 Midwinters, to be held 18-20 February at the US Sailing Center of Martin County, Jensen Beach, Florida, USA
- Double-handed dinghy girls - International 420: 2006 420 Midwinters, to be held 18-20 February at the US Sailing Center of Martin County, Jensen Beach, Florida,USA
- Windsurfer boys and Windsurfer girls: qualifying events still to be determined