ISAF UK Ltd, secretariat of the International Sailing Federation (ISAF), the world governing body for the sport of sailing, is currently inviting applications for a Competitions Manager to join us in our modern offices overlooking the water in Southampton.
Helmut Czasny, Competitions Manager has informed ISAF that he would like to leave to take up a post back in his home country of Austria, working for the Austrian Sailing Federation and running their National Training Centre in Neusiedl am See.
Helmut started at ISAF on 1 July 2006 after the ISAF World Sailing Games in Austria. His main areas of work during this period involved the development of an on-line application system for Race Officials, management of Women's Match Racing as an Olympic discipline, overseeing the introduction of the Open High Performance Dinghy in the Youth Worlds and acting as Technical Delegate for ISAF events around the world. We wish Helmut much success for the future.
This means that we now have a vacancy for the ISAF Competitions Manager. As an international organization, we are encouraging applications from all over the world. Details of the position are below:
The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director and the key areas of responsibility are:
- Finalising contracts / site visits for high profile ISAF events
- Representing ISAF as Technical Delegate
- Administration of the ISAF Race Officials Programme
- Supporting ISAF Committees / Commissions
Requiring the following skills
- Relevant sailing experience and competence
- Good presentational and advocacy skills
- Ability to write reports
- Sound judgement and common sense
- High level negotiation skills and experience
- Budget management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong administration skills
- Foreign languages desirable
ISAF will offer a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package and free car parking
If you are interested in applying for this varied and interesting role and would like to receive a full job description please forward your CV with a supporting letter of application to hr (at) isaf.co.uk in the first instance.
Closing date for the receipt of applications: 22 January 2010 . NO AGENCIES
Click here to find out more about the ISAF Secretariat.