The Official
Website of the
Sailing Federation
9 August 2001, 11:58 am
No Races Yesterday in Stormy Medemblik
No ALT tag specified

Star World Championships

Race officer Karel Beukema decided to postpone yesterday’s race until today. With winds of 30-35 knots (windforce 7) it was not wise to send the Stars out on the water.

The decision to postpone yesterday's race was based on the fact that there was no improvement in the weather forecast predicted. " We still have 4 days to sail three races, meaning there is enough time to catch up", the race officer told us. For today two races are scheduled, with the first start planned at 10.30 hrs.

Star Worlds Press/News Editor
Share this page
World Sailing TV
Latest News
News Archive
© 2015 Copyright ISAF/ISAF UK Ltd. All Rights Reserved Privacy & Cookies delivered by Sotic powered by OpenText WSM