Dirk Kneulman of Canada, the 1998 champion, sailing with Jud Smith and Dwayne Smithers, won the fourth race of the Mako Etchells World Championship in Christchurch Bay.
The victory moved Kneulman to fifth in the overall standings. The fifth and six races will be held on Friday and Saturday and if all six are held, the worst result may be discarded from each competitors score.
Results, after 4 races:
1. AUS Pacesetter C Miles P Smidmore / J Mayjor 38 pts
2. GBR 007 E Warwick T Wetherell/M Sparks 50 pts
3. GBR Danish Blue P R Hoj-Jensen P Blowers / S Mitchell 54 pts
4. GBR Bushfire J Tilley R Romer-Lee / M Carver 58 pts
5. CAN Cruel Jane D Kneulman J Smith / D Smithers 60 pts
6. GBR Punkarella G Bailey D Heritage / J Santy 61 pts
7. GBR Irrational Exuberance B Dunning H Orneberg/J Rock 62 pts
8. USA No Time At All R Doyle T Doyle / E Doyle 62 pts
9. GBR Swedish Blue A Razmilovic D Bedford / J Tremlett 64 pts
10. GBR Golden Beaver G Hardwick R Southern / K Lyon 68 pts