Howard Hamlin wins the second race of the World Championship The american Howard Hamlin, world champion in 1999, was the winner of the second race (sponsored by Casino Estoril) of the Quebramar 505 World Championship, in Cascais.
With the wind around 8 to 10 knots, the american team Howard Hamlin / Martin Mike (World Champions in 1999 and North American Champions in 1996 and 1999) were always at the front of the race, and they finished in first place. Five times World Champions Krister Bergstrom / Thomas Moss (SWE), assumed the Championship lead with a 4 point advantage over second place.
Results after two races:
1. SWE BERGSTROM, Krister/ MOSS, Thomas 8 pts
2. GER HUNGER, Wolfgang/ JESS, Holgev 12 pts
3. USA COX, Ryan/ SMIT, Carl 12 pts
4. USA THOMPSON, Daniel/ ZINN, Andrew 12 pts
5. AUS STODART, Hugh/ GORMAN, Simon 13 pts
6. GBR PINNELL, Ian/ HANCOCK, Tim 15 pts
7. USA ADAMSON, Nick/ NORMAN, Alan 16 pts
8. AUS VAN MUNSTER, Brett/ LANGE, Geoff 18 pts
9. USA HAMLIN,Howard/ MARTIN, Mike 19 pts
10. GBR PAYNE, Simon/ MASTERMANN, Bill 21 pts