Yesterday, the round robin was completed, with the top eight now proceeding through to the quarter finals, scheduled to take place today.
With the round robin completed in fairly light wind, the Organising Committee then tried to start the quarter finals, but with the wind dropping off even more, racing was postponed until today. The Quarter Finals sees two Danes, two Swedes, two Italians, a French and Australian skippers contending.
Dorte Jensen (DEN) will be aiming to defend the title she has held for the past two years, but will see tough competition from her country woman Lotte Meldgaard (DEN) who has placed more wins from the round robin and will no doubt provide tough competition. Marie Bjorling (SWE) , who currently leads the ISAF world rankings, will be hoping to improve on her second place from last year's event.
Giulia Conti (ITA) will be pleased to see herself in the quarter-finals and is the lowest ranked off the eight skippers, currently placing 35th in the world.
Skippers in Quarter Finals
1. Lotte Meldgaard (DEN) - wins 14 matches over 16
2. Katie Spithill (AUS) - wins 12 matches over 16
3. Dorte Jensen (DEN) - wins 11 matches over 16
4. Marie Bjorling (SWE) - wins 11 matches over 16
5. Sabrina Gurioli (ITA) - wins 10 matches over 16
6. Christine Briand (FRA) - wins 10 matches over 16
7. Malin Kallstrom (SWE) - wins 9 matches over 16
8. Giulia Conti (ITA) - wins 8 matches over 16