The Argentinean crews, having won the preceding practice races, also took the leading places in the first race of the Cadet World Championship in Buenos Aires.
With the local Pampero wind giving gusts of over 20 knots, after an hours delay of the start, and two general recalls due to OCS, the fleet eventually got underway with the aid of the black flag.
The 43 boats started their first race at 1430 hours, in a northeast wind of 8 knots, which increased the local Pampero which reached gusts of 20 knots. In view of the strong winds the course was shortened with only 4 of the six legs being sailed.
The second race was postponed for the day as it could not be started within the late timeframe.
Results after one race:
1. FEDERICO TRAVASCIO / JOANA GABIN (ARG)
2. FERNANDO ANDRES GWOZDZ / JULIAN AUGUSTO DE MARE (ARG)
3. MARIANO PELLEGRINO / SANTIAGO VERDINO (ARG)
4. ALEJO RIGONI / SANTIAGO RIGONI (ARG)
5. NICOLAS SAPONARA / LUCIANA LONGUEIRA (ARG)
6. NICOLAS PAGANINI / JUAN CRUZ MANRIQUE (ARG)
7. SIMON LAMBERT / DAVID BREWER (GBR)
8. RUBEN PHILIPSE / QUINTEN LAUWERS (BEL)
9. JIM HAVERHALS / ROGER DE MUNCK (BEL)
10. OLIVER CHARLES GRAY / CLARE ELIZABETH DELLIMORE (GBR)