Peter Holmberg (USA) and Paolo Cian (ITA) are first and second in the event rankings after the first days racing in Ravenna, Italy.
9 Flights of Round Robin qualification have been sailed in Marina di Ravenna for the first day of 7° Trofeo Challenge Roberto Trombini. The wind was medium-to-light between 10 to 5 knots, and the organisers used two different race courses. Following the only skipper with full points (no losses), Peter Holmberg, the provisional ranking has two italian surprises, Paolo Cian (Mascalzone Latino Team), and Nicola Celon, with Russell Coutts in fourth.
Provisional ranking after 9 flights in the Round Robin:
1) Peter Holmberg (USA-Oracle Racing) 7/0
2) Paolo Cian (ITA-Mascalzone Latino) 6/1
3) Nicola Celon (ITA) 5/3
3) Russell Coutts (SWI-Alinghi Challenge) 5/3
5) Dean Barker (NZL-Black Magic) 4/3
5) Magnus Holmberg (SWE-Victory Challenge) 4/3
5) James Spithill (USA-One World Seattle) 4/3
8) Morten Henriksen (GER-Illbruck Challenge) 3/4
9) Andy Green (GBR-RORC Challenge) 2/5
10) Francesco de Angelis (Prada Challenge) 2/6
11) Luc Pillot (FRA) 2/6
12) Federico Strocchi (ITA) 0/7