Six races have been completed at the Europe Class World Championships in Vilamoura for all but one group of the men, Portugal. It is most the competitors day off today, with six more races scheduled for Friday and Saturday.
When the final group in the men has completed its sixth race
the competitors will be divided into Gold, Silver and Bronze fleets. The womens qualifying has finished, so they are enjoying a rest day today. It is close at the top of both fleets. Carolijn Brouwer (NED) continues to lead the womens, and Soren Johnsen (DEN) the mens, both on 18 points with a slim lead on second and third positions.
1. Carolijn Brouwer (NED) 18 points
2. Neus Garriga Turon (ESP) 21 points
3. Maria Coleman (IRL) 22 points
1. Soren Johnsen (DEN) 18 points
2. Jo Richard Aastang (NOR) 19 points
3. Alfredo Bafico (ARG) 20 points