In contrast to the light and tricky conditions of yesterday it blew 20 to 25 of south easterley breeze today at the 470 European Championships, Dun Laoghaire, Ireland.
The Israelis Kiger and Gal had a superb day with three bullets, and lead by some twelve points and the men's Gold Fleet. Ukranians Eugeniy and Igor dropped to fourth after finishing the day's racing with 11-12-11 placings.
In the women's racing the Greeks Bekatorou and Tsoulfa are leading the Olympic Gold medallists from Sydney Armstrong and Stowell (AUS) by eight points. Whilst Armstrong and Powell are fending off a strong challenge for silver from the Spainish pairing of Via-Dufresne and Azon, who are now only two points behind them in third place.
The Silver Fleet saw the Spanish duo of Manuel and Paz reinforce their dominance with six straight firsts. The British pairing of Plummer and Hawkley remain second overall with the French crew of Mercier and Boudgourd moving up four places today into third position.
Men, Top 10, Gold Fleet, 6 Races, 1 discard
1. Kiger, Gal ISR 12 points
2. Zandona, Trani ITA 24 points
3. Martinez, Cantero ESP 30 points
4. Eugeniy, Igor UKR 32 points
5. Marinho, Nunes POR 33 points
6. Molund, Martin SWE 35 points
7. Willmot, Page AUS 45 points
8. Charbonnier, Christidis FRA 48 points
9. Stanczyk, Jakubiak POL 51 points
10. Rogers, Glanfield GBR 53 points
Women, Top 10, 8 Races, 1 discard
1. Bekatorou, Tsoulfa GRE 14 points
2. Armstrong, Stowell AUS 22 points
3. Via-Dufresne, Azon ESP 24 points
4. Rothweile, Leu GER 32 points
5. PetitJean, Douroux FRA 43 points
6. Koning, Berkhout NED 43 points
7. Vered, Kornitzki ISR 65 points
8. Grobe, Scroeder GER 69 points
9. Le Berre, Riou FRA 78 points
10. Saarikallio, Diesen FIN 80 points