Six-shooters Rob Greenhalgh, Dan Johnson and Jonny Meers on 'RMW Marine' had another clean sweep in Portland Harbour, UK today, giving them six bullets for the weekend.
The weather conditions were perfect, with blue skies and a breeze that built from 10 to 15 knots, and the racing was very well managed by the Weymouth and Portland Sailing Academy's Richard Stevens. The Skiff sailors are now
looking forward to two more visits to this venue during the course of the season another round of the Grand Prix, and the National Championship, both in September.
Although the 'RMW Marine' team were streets ahead of their competition this weekend, there was some excellent close racing for the minor places, with Victor Brellisford, James Fawcett and Dave Smith on 'White Stuff' just holding off the challenge of Tim Penfold, Andy Jameson and Will Penfold
Jon Bennett, Andy Jeffries and Don Francis on their newly acquired 'GoFish' had another good day, and moved up a place to secure fourth position.
The next round of the Grand Prix will take place at Hayling Island Sailing Club on the 11th and 12th August.
Final positions after six races, with one discard:
1. 'RMW Marine' - Rob Greenhalgh, Dan Johnson and Jonny Meers, 0 points
2. 'White Stuff' - Victor Brellisford, James Fawcett and Dave Smith, 20.4 points
3. 'Marlow' - Tim Penfold, Andy Jameson and Will Penfold, 25.4 points
4. 'Go Fish' - Jon Bennett, Andy Jeffries and Don Francis, 36.7 points
5. 'West Mersea Trailers' - James Campbell, Lee Child and Drum Sydenham, 47.4 points
6. 'Alba Marine' - Martin Goodlad, John Aikman and Richard Thoroughgood, 57.4 points
7. 'Bristol Panel Formers' - Dominic Bowns, Richard Edwards and Tom Edwards, 60.7 points
8. 'Total Recall' - Ollie Holden, Ben Clothier and Will Clothier, 62.7 points
9. 'Custom Eyes' - Andrew Hetherington, Chris Hopkins and Luke Byrom, 75 points